APN'S YouTube Channel

Friday, July 19, 2013

A page from my life



Today what I write is neither for advertisement nor for showing off the glitter of my life. I write today because I deeply feel that a few people, places or things around me have deeply rooted in me. Without them my life is unimaginable.
You all should know that I have few friends with whom I fight. I have few students whom I shout at and I have a few responsibilities that I love to shoulder.
Today I take them all for granted but I know it very well that after a couple of months when a departmental transfer lands me somewhere else I shall truly miss them all. I can also bet that after 5 years if I remember all these people (if I am alive), I shall love to remember them as the most wonderful and loving people I have ever seen.
How, one by one, 7 years of my life I have spent so swiftly often take me by surprise. Each day, however monotonous, bears many things to remember, cherish and celebrate. Those incidents of my life may not have any relevance or importance to the general public but they are now precious because after few years I shall love to remember them.......
Like every day today is a usual day but I mark this day as extremely special because one of my friend who has the dubious distinction of being late in all his undertakings broke all his past records. He completed his task 4 hours before the scheduled time. Perhaps a tsunami of change has touched the planet and I am ignorant of it.
I remember those days of the year 2006 when we had to take our lunch at 4pm. It was like that we had a mess where every member had to cook the meal in turn. The days when that friend used to have the kitchen task we would make our own arrangements to fight hunger till sunset. While cooking, in his characteristic style that good friend would be so intolerably slow that everybody had to postpone the lunch-time.
However, nobody minded his snail’s pace because he cooked well.............
The friend whom I described in the above paragraphs is too fast today. Preparing 800 ballot papers by the end of the ‘WHY I STAND’ meeting of the college is not an easy task and he did so. I shall not thank him because I am not so formal to him. But I shall upload a few photographs of the day (i.e.18th July,13) so when we see it, we shall remember that we had wonderful years together

No comments:

Post a Comment