APN'S YouTube Channel

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

And I believed a thing of heart finds its way through every odd.

The trees stood meditatively as before. The roads were clean, lonely, serene and romantic as before.  I realized nothing had changed much in the last 7 years. The university campus had the same heartbeat .All the faces were strangers to me but they all had the same vibrant, boisterous and jolly expressions that we used to have when we were students.
A slice of cake accompanied with cutting tea (half cup of tea as spoken by the campus students) at the tea stalls and lively chit-chat among friends used to make those days brighter and life more vivacious.
I saw a group of students happily hanging out at a tea stall. I passed by them. Their happy outbursts stirred my mind and evoked past memories.
I walked past the P.G. ladies hostel and took the road that passes by the Siva temple. I was moving forward physically but mentally I was moving backward refreshing my old memories.
It was the road which used to be lonely most of the time, perfectly conducive to love-pairs. A phase of my life was slowly surfacing in my imagination. I remembered those times which had been lost but still existed in some corner of my being.
I remembered how walking on the blacktop road I had first clasped the hands of a lovely girl. Her smiling face and gently cascading hair and the feel of her soft hands had made my heart hopeful of all the beautiful things in life. Holding her hands, in her lovely presence, slowly walking on the road, I had forgotten the world and myself. I had promised never to miss her.
The more I remembered, the deeper I was absorbed in those past moments of love and joyous forgetfulness. I did not like to come out to the world of harsh reality.......
At this time the bells of the road-side temple tolled. Some devotee might have remembered the deity.  I became a little conscious of the world, removed my shoes and bought a dia (lamp) from the shop adjacent to the entrance of the temple. Now I stood before the deity, lighted the dia and with folded hands earnestly communicated the deity to take care of that lovely lady who had first kindled the light of love in my heart.
While walking back I thought now I might not know the address of that adorable girl but my prayers would reach her without an address tag. And I believed a thing of heart finds its way through every odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment