APN'S YouTube Channel

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Someone’s LOVE SHOWED ME THE WAY.......


The previous night I had stayed in a small village for first time with my wife. I had gone there to have a break from my day to day life. A distant relative of mine was there. The next day I had some work in the district head quarters and decided to go alone leaving my family with my relative’s.
So in the morning I rode from that small village on its dirt road for 4 kilometers. The road runs through the woods and then meets the state highway. I had to cover another 35 kilometers from the point the dirt road meets the highway. The sun was beaming and through the rows of tall Sall trees I moved ahead on my bike.
I am telling you about a district which has the dubious distinction of being one of the most underdeveloped districts of the country. So it is needless to describe further the ill-conditions of the roads. Journey on them is both painful and extremely risky.
However, I reached the point where I would catch the state highway and would take a right turn to reach the district headquarters. While taking the turn, at the meeting point of the two roads, I saw a culvert. And on the cemented low wall of the culvert two names were written with a big plus mark (+) in between them and a big heart shape had encircled them all.
I thanked the education system of my country which had reached such interior pockets and now gleaming prominently with the shiny petals of love. Next moment I became a little conscious of my age and then raised my eyebrows and giving a supercilious smile, I went ahead.
Our society is still orthodox in the matters of love. We believe that love has to be made or expressed privately. So the big heart symbol and the names on the culvert dazzling publicly made me feel a bit negative about the writer(s). I raised my eyebrows and then took the turn and went ahead on my way.
That day I had a lot of engagements in the district head quarters. So I was very late. I had to return in the late hours of the night. So some of my friends even advised me not to take such a risky journey in the night but I did not heed their words.
The road was extremely lonely and dark. To reach the village on my way back I had to take a left turn leaving the highway. But I was very much confused in the dark of the night. At every half a kilometer a similar dirt road was found. I could not decide which road to take but soon my confusion ended. The big heart shape and the names of the love pair showed me the way. I undoubtedly took the road and reached home safely.
Someone’s LOVE SHOWED ME THE WAY.......

No comments:

Post a Comment