APN'S YouTube Channel

Sunday, March 23, 2014

A dumb's dreamgirl

FROM THE PEN APN

3 years back in an acquaintance’s mobile I stumbled upon a beautiful photo of a sweet young girl. That photo was saved in the mobile by the name ‘Anuradha’. I had borrowed that mobile from that generous acquaintance just to make one call as I had no signal on my mobile network. After making a call with that phone I had to return the mobile to its owner but by that time both the photo and the name had permeated deep into my mind and heart forever.
The reason was unknown but it was true that seeing that photo, I was magically transported to a world of enchanting beauty and of immense love. The suppressed smile and the prominent eyes of that girl reflected a strange light and joy of innocence. Her cascading hair and thick beautiful lips struck a chord in my heart. For a moment I was overwhelmed and was lost in deep appreciation. I became speechless in a gasp of admiration. I could not understand why I got so lost in imagining the beauty of a girl whom I had not even seen in person.
In my mind the angelic figure of that girl always surfaced now and then. But I could never find that girl in real life. The thought of that girl in the photo lingered in my mind.
One day the door bell of my apartment house rang with a short note. I opened the door and I discovered a very beautiful girl standing at the door. But the strange thing was that the girl exactly looked like the girl I had seen in the photo. I could not believe my eyes and my heart beat paced up. I could see the same luscious lips, the same wide sparkling eyes, the same cute nose and the same expression on her face.
She came as a surprise and I stood with my mouth wide open. Her lovely lips moved and she spoke something to me but I could not hear anything because I was lost in a different world. She repeated her question once again, “Sir, I am Anuradha, your new neighbour. Can you tell me at what time the piped water is supplied?” I tried to answer her everything precisely but failed to articulate my thoughts. What I could do is just point my fingers to the water pump section of the apartment. She glanced at the little signboard which was hanging on the water pump room displaying the mechanism to start the water pump. She readily moved to the starter of the water-pump and started it pressing the green button. The water pump roared.

Now she turned back and was about to enter into her room. She was the new tenant of the one-bed-roomed apartment which was exactly opposite to my apartment house. She held the door half-opened and using signs expressed her THANKS to me. Perhaps she thought me deaf and dumb. This time I smiled a little and she smiled most lovingly at me. She gave her best smile to me because she thought words were useless to a deaf person and I smiled because in her smile there was the reflection of pure love to a DEAF & DUMB.............Someone has rightly said LOVE is a language which the deaf can hear and dumb can understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment