APN'S YouTube Channel

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Buddha Purnima

“All knowledge depends on the calmness of mind.”
                                                                                                                            -Swami Vivekananda

From the pen APN

14th May, 2014

A mid-summer’s evening. The moon was big, bright and silvery. The low-height thick branches of a dwarf cashew tree cast a prominent shadow on the field where I was standing. I was standing and enjoying the beauty of the moon, the stars and the sky.
Then I felt close to the earth in my heart and I sat on the ground with my legs crossed. I closed my eyes. I forgot myself and I could see that one law is governing all. All anxieties died away, all troubles vanished and a deep sense of calmness prevailed.   
In the sky above, the moon was shinning and the field was glowing to me with the new understanding of life.

I am no Buddha but the day was Buddha Purnima and the moon whispered into my ears that I should enjoy the flow of life effortlessly because there is a law of Nature supreme to all. Understanding it makes life the very embodiment of peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment