APN'S YouTube Channel

Thursday, May 20, 2010

A few days' Break .


A few days’ break from the habit of creative thinking  slipped me  into monotony and reduced drastically my sensitivity to life. Day by day the fine feelings freely flowing hitherto in my mind got slashed both in number and in magnitude and started to become more and more coarse. A few trivial affairs of a routine life used to eat up the total time of the day. And I found myself as if tightly stuck to a hard immovable substratum. I knew such a life had no progress. But life got stuck very deadly and I could not even sit meditatively for a few moments. It is because I had started to appreciate my gradual animal like transformation. The Animals whose lives center around only few basic necessities and who are happy with a bellyful of eatables and in fulfilling some biological necessities became synonymous with my way of living. I found no line of difference between myself and a cow moving in the market place dumb. My slothful idle days of the Summer Vacation and the life style of straying cattle had little difference. I was more sorrowful because I didn’t feel any positive inward wish to overthrow such a way of life.

In a trap of such mental lethargy and agony I closed my eyes and mentally viewed the world around me. I was seeking in my heart a little emotional and spiritual warmth which was missing in me for a long time…..slowly in my mental eye the image of Jagannath temple of my home town was formed and I felt a little stir of emotion and a sparkle of the divine. It happened because I remembered how the Public was motivated and united by a religious allegiance to construct that temple. Most of the inhabitants of Tikabali (my home town) had joined their hands unreservedly and a nearby hilltop was developed to shelter the deities. At present the charming spot is a chief attraction of the town and bears the testimony of united efforts of some human beings. The flag of the temple shows the beauty of harmonious working and a royal road which can make life more beautiful and noble.  

No comments:

Post a Comment