APN'S YouTube Channel

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

On that day I was completely drenched. The rain coat was of little use. And I had to cover another 40 kilometres on my bike. The road was lonely. Road side trees were the only visible companions. The rain was showering sporadically. On my way I saw a school boy walking in the direction of my journey . I stopped my bike near the boy and told him to come with me. He accepted my offer and placed himself on the back seat. We rode away and after covering two or more kilometres, the boy wanted to get down. I thought in my mind that as the boy belonged to a tribal community and they were not exposed to the CULTURED MANNERS of civilisation, expecting a word like 'THANKS' from him was meaningless. Without any such expectation of words of thanks, I left the boy at his destination. And before taking leave from the boy my eyes met with his eyes, suddenly a beautiful smile of happiness came from his heart and lit up his tender face. That beautiful expression on his face warmed my rain drenched being and I rode all the way without looking back remembering and weighing the emptiness of artificial cultured mannerism on one side with the pure human expression of heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment