APN'S YouTube Channel

Friday, January 21, 2011

Yesterday, I was attracted by some elegant oranges that summoned my attention with their vibrant colours. I asked the seller about their taste and quality. The vendor readily gave a high opinion of the produce. Motivated by his guarantee, I packed 2 kilos of orange to take home. But before he tied a knot to the poly pack, I picked an orange from the pack to have an immediate relish. I peeled the rind & ate it. Now, my expression changed. The taste of the orange strongly interfered with my pre-conceived taste of the fruit. I looked straight into the eyes of the seller and asked about the taste of the fruit once again while chewing a piece of it. The seller fumbled &uttered, " This may be a little bit watery but in other respect it is o.k. Sir. " I smiled and did not tell him anything. I took out my wallet, paid him only for the single piece of orange that I had eaten and left the weighed and packed oranges in that shop for other kind hearted customers. On the way I thought I am most fortunate that the mediator who had brought the marriage proposal of the girl who is now my wife was not like that orange vendor.

No comments:

Post a Comment