APN'S YouTube Channel

Friday, April 29, 2011

Bhagban Sri Satya Sai

Last night there was no electricity. In the darkness I slept a dreamless sleep. I slept comfortably even without fans because the night was cool.  A windy summer rain had lashed the evening. However, insects fluttered around the emergency light. I switched off the light, pulled up a mosquito net and cocooned myself inside it. 

When the night is dark and the trees look like shadows of mythological demons and flashes of thunder cast its heavenly blue on earth, the world becomes mysterious. The tiny speck of life bearing the consciousness of “I” fades. We start to think of the world, the universe and the principles and the guiding force that control them. It happens so because the wind, the thunderbolts and rain all defy human control. Man is but a powerless creature like the fluttering insects under the mercy of nature when the big powers of nature come into play.  

Before I could sleep I pondered over the sad demise of Bhagban Sri Satya Sai. He was a miracle man to many. He had prophesied that he would live in his mortal form till he was 96 years. And his early death convinced millions of his devotees of the uncertainty of life. Nobody knows when the wheels of life will stop. This uncertainty factor will prompt other mortals to live life meaningfully because life is so uncertain. 

In his life time BABA was a quintessence of human service. He illustrated how life can be lived on the principles of truth, righteousness, love, peace and non-violence. I missed his mortal form but as his contemporary I felt that I owe a moral responsibility to bring those basic human values into the frame work of my society in its unsullied form. 

The rain had almost stopped. Calmness prevailed everywhere. I curled on my bed to welcome a new morning and a new sun of enlightenment.



No comments:

Post a Comment