APN'S YouTube Channel

Tuesday, November 2, 2021

STREETLIGHTS

                                                                                                        From the pen-APN

When I stepped out of my house that November evening and opened the main iron gates, I was welcomed by tall streetlights which were scattering pleasant milky brightness as far as they could. The slender asphalt road, although worn out, looked majestic with the night sky overhead. The gleaming streetlights of the roadsides and the slightly misty and cool atmosphere were like the beauty of a dreamland.  The street was dominated by silence and loneliness and was a sight of pure magical charm and subtle beauty. The lighted view of the street stretching itself into the distant dark and mingling somewhere ahead indistinctly raised a good deal of philosophical thoughts and fixed my eyes in the distant horizon like a stoic. I could sense only some distant shadows. However, I could not but appreciate the immediate air and light which exhaled hope, joy, warmth and all-embracing love.      

I slowly walked ahead, chasing the lights. My hands were resting calmly in my trouser pockets, and so was my mind serenely resting in the soothing light. Further, in the silence of that wintry night, the easy wind was stripping off all my impurities and the lights were anointing my soul.

After a few moments’ walk, I stood beneath one streetlight that was close to the main entrance of my building. I wished “Goodnight” to all those confidently beaming and gleaming pillars of light and then went inside to have a peaceful night’s sleep.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment