APN'S YouTube Channel

Monday, November 15, 2010

patriotic fervor and revolutionary zeal :need of the hour

India's economic growths in the last few years have drawn attention of world community but the general well-being of its people have not been bettered proportionately. The economic divide between the haves and the have-nots is still escalating. This incongruity raises some skeptical questions on the competency of bureaucracy and governance. . . . .

With some such thoughts in my mind I was journeying from Govindapally to Jeypore. For a moment I felt to do everything possible on my part to correct the flaws. The more deeply I pondered over the unsatisfactory prevailing situations, the more badly I was hurt. I felt helpless. As I am a man from the common mass who will heed to me? What coercion can I impose on the monolithic government? Shall I ally myself with the likeminded persons to make my voice audible? Will my fellow brothers and sisters stand by me casting aside their egos for a greater cause? I became desperately apprehensive of the general nature of India’s larger public. I thought and what I concluded that I write below.

Democracy is the best form of government but there are numerous unconstitutional byways for the power holders to befool the common mass. Lack of education, poverty, biased media and lack of suitable political alternatives restrict the efficacy of democracy to a large extent. Moreover, we are so pliable that we tend to be easily led by our noses and prefer to be fooled with tall promises. We never attempt to unite our voices so that an irresistible democratic force can be generated. We fail to do so because most of the persons who are now and then victimized by the indifference of an apathetic government ridiculously love to sit on their own ivory towers. They never exploit the power of democracy by forming a pressure group. No doubt, forming a pressure group requires strong sense of unity, fellow feeling and an open frame of mind and unfortunately we are not that great to cultivate such fine qualities of citizenship. But at present the gradually deteriorating national character warrants an urgent rejuvenation of our pre-independence patriotic fervor and revolutionary zeal.

Therefore, Shedding our little egos and self-interests we must accede to do what is right and desirable for the general benefit of the country. We may differ in opinion and beliefs but striving for the greater interest of the society collectively and honestly will pay rich dividends to our future generation. Moreover, the corrupt politicians and the unconcerned bureaucracy will be compelled to adjust with the changed scenario.

No comments:

Post a Comment