APN'S YouTube Channel

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Diwali 2010

Yesternight slowly I slipped into the celebration mood by 6.30pm. In the morning I was not enchanted with the festivity of Diwali.But Dr. Jayprakash,the V.S.of Khairput ringed and arranged a get to gether of friends in my quarter.I could not turn down his request.Sairam and shirish joined with us.The crackers were lit. Very safely we cracked the crackers.I was over cautious because I remembered my last year's burnt.A 2 meter long pipe was brought and the crackers were fixed at the tip of the pipe and from a good distance with the help of the pipe we lit them. It was really safe and more enjoying. After an hour we started preparing the dishes. I prepared Payas and J.P. cooked all other dishes.

My wife was in her paternal house.She missed me and was upset because since our marriage we have never celebrated Diwali together.In the night she was crying because of one or more reasons. I tried to console her,tried to understand her but failed. In some way the occassion was a mixture of happiness and pining for the loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment