APN'S YouTube Channel

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

At what time shall I get the transaction ID, Sir?


-At what time shall I get the transaction ID, Sir?
-Come at 5 o’clock.
The cashier of the bank harshly muttered the words and buried his head in the pile of files. I was shocked because the day was young and the hour hand of my watch had not yet touched 11. I looked dumb-found and was panicked. The prospect of a tiresome long wait loomed large.
In my mind I scolded the cashier for his unfeeling behavior and made up my mind to sit idly at the bank for some time. I thought of the terrible cold and the return journey of 60 kilometers that I had to make on bike after the bank work was over. I shivered imagining the future.
At this time the peon of the bank came to me. Looked at me smilingly and told, “Sir, please don’t be worried your work will be done within 45 minutes. You had better go out and refresh yourself with coffee or juice and come after an hour. I know the cashier well he unnecessarily traumatizes the customers.” The soft words and the smiling gesture of the peon was so comforting to me that I drew my hand and gave a good handshake to the peon and went away to the market for a leisurely walk.  
After 1 hour I went to the bank and found that the work is done. The peon handed me the ID number and went inside without any expectations. I really liked his good nature and felt, THE CASHIER IS A BARKING DOG grumbling over his plate and THE PEON IS A SINGING BIRD enjoying the beautiful world around.
Position never defines what you are. Your attitude projects your real worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment