APN'S YouTube Channel

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Rs 2000/- for a 6 minutes' job.


I had read in books that great speakers charged minute-wise for the speeches they made.And they often charge lakhs per minute. I dislike such commercial motives but I had always dreamed  to be a good speaker. And that dream turned into a reality when I spoke for 6 minutes on the stage of MALYBANTA 2009 as an anchorer and could really electrify and exult the audience to fullest limit. I was self satisfied and further, I  was gifted a sum of Rs 2000 by the District Information and Public Relation Office for my contribution to the stage show. This token of recognition to my talent was really a boost to explore the best in me with a renewed strength.

This was my first incident of life where I turned my ability to speak publicly into monetary equivalent.

No comments:

Post a Comment