APN'S YouTube Channel

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Some thing about my three days

13th October 2010


The day was as usual but every one of our staff was in a hurry to leave the office for puja vacation. All of us were wishing each other a prosperous and joyful Dasahara & we all hoped to see each other on the opening day of our college i.e. on 27th October. But we all knew that we will miss one Miss Champa Nayak of our college on that day.

On the eve of Dasahara vacation Miss Champa, the junior lecturer in zoology tendered her resignation letter to the principal. She was the first among the lecturers to leave the job in quest of other avenues of life. Her resignation made us rethink about our future and career.

That evening almost all the staff left Govindapally for their native places but I stayed at Govindapally for two days more as my train reservation was for 15th Oct. I was doubly sad during those two days because I was all alone on the headquarters and further in this puja vacation I had to leave my wife at her paternal home as she was in the 6th month of her pregnancy. All were expecting a junior edition of my being and were very happy but for the next few months I had to live a solitary life.

That day I was looking at my wife when she was folding my dress and packing them up for the up-coming journey. She was looking very beautiful and with her presence not only the room and but also the whole house looked beautiful. But  inwardly I was sadder because  I had to miss her beauty and love for some time.

Tomorrow I shall set out for Balasore to leave my wife at her parents. It is true that during the carrying stage a wife needs her husband most by her side. But I am undone. I cannot stay with her nor she can. She had to go to her parents against her will. She can not stay with me at Govindapally till her delivery because the place is too remote. In addition, the naxals call strikes frequently and unexpectedly and as a result all sort of communication is disruppted all of a sudden. This grim situation can even linger for days together. Last but not the least the medical facility is also not so well.


My wife feels bitter at the thought of  her separation from me and the same is also with me. But which cannot be cured must be endured.
14th October 2010

The morning was full of household work. Everything had to be kept safely before locking the house for the next 10 days. The house had a leaking roof so in our absence the rain supposed to be a great threat to all the household items. When there was rain we used to displace the household articles to safety. The rainwater had a peculiar style to affect us depending its tempo. So it was somewhat unpredictable to determine the safe points of our house. So we had to take resort to Polythene sheets. That morning we covered the important appliances with polythene sheets and locked the doors. The hired taxi was ready and on the ‘S’-shaped jungle road we set out for the state-capital.

15th October,2010

I walked around the Bhubaneswar railway station holding gently the soft hands of my wife. She was walking with little difficulties. It was the sixth month of her pregnancy and her movement was little slow. We came out of the station to buy our lunch packets. The Big sign board of HOTEL RICH caught our eyes and at the same time the memory linked with that hotel also flashed in our mind. Once we both had been to that hotel. That day we were really in a hurry because our train was about to approach the station in less than an hour. But the waiter had taken a long time to serve the food as a result we had to gobble up the food in such a hurry that the meal seemed tasteless. This time we thought not to enter that hotel and bought our food instantly from a small Dhaba by the road side at a far lesser price.

No comments:

Post a Comment