APN'S YouTube Channel

Thursday, May 26, 2011

An old couple

The summer sun was generating unbearable heat. As soon as I got into my car, I raised the glasses of the car to turn on the AC. The car rolled few yards.


At the first turn of the road I saw an old couple. The man was very old and his eye-sight had precariously fallen. Therefore, he was led by his old wife. The old man had worn a cotton vest and a dhoti. He was walking feebly. He held one end of his staff and the other end was held by his wife. She was leading him the way. The hot sun rays were directly hitting their bodies.

I forgot my speed. In some corner of my heart I felt something. I thought myself as an old man too weak to move and the hot sun burning my body. I slowed down but I knew I would do nothing for them.

The road was a newly constructed one. It was wide, open and black. Many vehicles rushed past with tremendous speed. And it was natural that the couple’s slow movement could never match their speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment