APN'S YouTube Channel

Saturday, May 21, 2011

There are many slips between the cup and lips

"There are many slips between the cup and lips". This wise saying became more relevant when my salary could not be deposited in my bank account because of a link failure. In my college I along with Mr shirish and Mr. Patra take more interest for sooner disbursement of salary. We generally remind the principal to do that job at the earliest. Often we go a step ahead to phone the head clerk of the treasury for sooner disbursement of salary. This time also we did our part as usual. The only difference was that we were not at the headquarters. We were on summer vacation. On our request the principal went to the office and did the needful for the release of salary. We were expectantly looking for the money because Savitri Amavashya was approaching. But the failure of internet link ended everything in smoke. . . . . . . . A picture of a greedy dog who waited for a piece of bread to be thrown at appeared on my mind. I realized how some paper notes can make us so doggish.

No comments:

Post a Comment