APN'S YouTube Channel

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

7th December, A night shivering with cold wave and rain.

Persistent rain and freezing cold-wave had worsened the weather for the last 2 days and today the bad weather had reached its peak. As a result  I remained indoors all day long and when I opened the door of my room I found that the day light had already stepped aside making room for a dark chilly evening. Every where an utter darkness prevailed because there was  a major power failure in the village.  I groped my way to my neighbour Sairam's house. We decided to eat out. Although it was raining and the cold wind was cutting our flesh ,we set on bike to the hotel. The hotel owner welcomed us with a customary smile but we were bitterly disappointed when we discovered that the hotel has neither Chapati nor Roti for dinner. We returned home wet and shivering in the wintry rain.

We started cooking and prepared Chapati in 30minutes. The dinner was not bad. I returned my home with a 3/4th filled stomach. Opening the door, readily I occupied my bed and embraced its warmth and then the cosy bed induced me to mention about my day-long struggle against the ruthless weather. 

In the day time I had been invited by Mr.Sanjaya for lunch. He invited me because some guests who were expected to come to his home that afternoon did not show up. And the excess of food prepared for them fell on my share. 

The characteristics of today's weather were best explained by Mr.Tanmay's SMS ,which runs like this:

God is in Dabbang Mood," Hum tumhari city mey aisa climate create karenge ki confuse ho jaoge ke RAINCOAT pahene ya SWEATER.

No comments:

Post a Comment