APN'S YouTube Channel

Sunday, December 12, 2010

IT IS BETTER TO BE TRUSTED THAN TO BE LOVED.

It is a great thing to keep one’s own words. If you commit something to someone, follow it with all your devotion. Because hope keeps the world going and shattered hopes, beget the criminals. A man who hopes and believes in the kindness and nobility of society can never become antisocial. Hence, the moral responsibility of each man on earth is to keep the light of hope ever burning in the hearts of every man.


With the word commitment, I remember the famous lines of Salman Khan, which he utters in the movie WANTED: “When I commit something, I never listen even to myself.”

Now the question is why commitment is so necessary in life. It is because commitment of one man kindles the candle of hope of another man. When hope of a man is fulfilled, it generates trust and trust is better than love.

In my college time, I loved a girl. She used to write very emotional and beautiful letters to me. The fine expressions of her letters used to export me to the other worlds. Until date, I believe that those imaginative flights and ecstasy are beyond all human description. I used to experience as if life was lived in an altogether different plane. However, god cannot tolerate when your love exceeds his expectations. Suddenly, the entire world went up side down. One day her uncle along with some muscular men surrounded me in college and demanded those letters from me. I could have evaded them but I did not do so. I handed them those securely preserved love-letters. I did so not out of fear but with an intention to make them aware that, the love affair is not one-sided. However, my every calculation went wrong. In home, my ladylove was severely beaten and her study was stopped for a month. That one month of separation was really excruciating. It was just like nursing a stabbed heart with the killer knife still inside. I was terribly upset at the so serious turn of the love affair.

One fine morning in the college campus, I detected my sweet heart after a long gap of 46 days. My joy knew no bounds. There was an upsurge of adrenalin in my whole being. Nevertheless, I did not venture to meet him lest her moustachioed uncle was guarding her. I could not sit in the class and I moved on the corridors in search of her. My eyes stopped at the college library counter. I caught a glimpse of her. She tried to ignore me. However, I went to her. Before I could speak anything to her, she painfully stated, “No explanations, I may love you but I do not trust you” and went past by my side. I was dumb-found. Tears rolled down because I realized that I have lost my credibility as a lover.

The incident taught me that IT IS BETTER TO BE TRUSTED THAN TO BE LOVED.

No comments:

Post a Comment