APN'S YouTube Channel

Sunday, December 5, 2010

ramblings on 5th December.

With severe toothache, I had frozen in the evening. That evening was rather motionless. The Naxals had announced for PLGA week celebration and all the bus services to the Malkangir district had frozen like my aching tooth. There was little traffic on the rough and rutted roads, which are very much the characteristic of developing India. The evening less by vehicular noise was putting up an eerie silence. And the toothache.......


My wife phoned me. She complained me of stomach pain and my little one's movement in the uterus. In these days the foetus had been a lively moving happiness to me. So even in my toothache I smiled from my heart. I realized that with every pain, a happy smile may get associated. However, I will uproot my tooth the next day. My wife will give birth to a new possibility. We shall do our best to make out a quality life. But I ponder who will subside the terrorizing silence of this December evening?

I went to Jayant uncle's home to take my dinner. I did not cook my food because I had to attend my toothache and internet. I had a hearty meal and while returning to my quarter I popped into Sairam's, the chemistry lecturer's cabin. He was on all his fours over a book. His serious concentration on the action at hand baffled me. He revealed his deep longing to leave the place. Therefore, he had to study hard to find some other job. I admired his efforts and at the same time felt that he has enough reason to be dissatisfied with life in a district where man-made accidents may happen at any time.

My phone rang. It was a happy diversion to mind. Roy sir had made the call. He was elated to express about his activated subscription in the Google sms channel. He was on the way to his home-town for attending his nephew's marriage. How happy he was!

I was the only vegetarian sitting between the two chemistry lecturers who were happily relishing non-veg meals. They were eating up non-veg items and I was talking in loud voice non-veg items. There was not much difference among us because some great man has rightly said that talking filthy things pollute the mind and soul. It is more harmful then poison.

A great show was being telecast in the evening. The musicians of India were awarded for their contributions to the music world. In a section of the show Usha Utthup was seen crying out of excess of emotion. Good thing! Tears and music are old companions.

I have a small world. If you continue to read my blog posts constantly you will now every character by name and their nature. Nevertheless, my question is why you will show so much generous interest in me and my world. The answer will make sense if we think each other as companions in the life journey. So you scratch my back and I shall yours. So let us live and let live others. It is too late to sleep. But before I close my eyes and invite my dream world, I like you to plant a tree. It is because in the end I may be selfish and may kick your buttocks but in the hot summers when global warming pounds the vilest hot waves, the green tree will provide you a shady place to keep your hurt buttocks in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment