APN'S YouTube Channel

Friday, September 23, 2011

BOMBAY KA LADU

I didn’t like to lose your nearness so most of the time I smiled at you and I tried my level best to please you. You noticed my sincere efforts and toyed your hair. You felt flattered and queen-like. I talked all good things about you and you blushingly burst in laughter. By the time you were laughing, I imagined that you are in my arms with your eyes closed. But I did not know that in reality I had closed my own eyes in day-dreaming. I became conscious when you shook me by my hand.

I opened my eyes and saw that 6 months of my 2nd year of +3 had passed but I could not be sure whether you love me or not. When it was exam time you smiled as usual and told me that I was a cute friend like Piyus, Kalol, Sima, Ashok……..I was thunder struck to listen that I was just one among your numerous friends. For 6 months long I had seen your face in the pages of my books but slowly I realized that your lovely face, smiles and your toying of hair had befooled me. I was a fool who now sat in the exam and drew your face on the exam paper.

I saw the questions in the question paper but I was haunted by one question, “Why did you smile at me for 6 months and fooled me so long?” The exam bell rang. I had neatly drawn your face on my paper. With the ringing of the final bell, I wrote the words “BOMBAY KA LADU” below the sketch.

No comments:

Post a Comment