APN'S YouTube Channel

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I slowly became a common man.

The evening was lashed with a heavy shower and I was caged in a small cramped place. When the rain stopped I came out and saw that it had already been dark.

I smiled and thought for a while that my life had a situation akin to the evening’s incident. I know it very well that I am caged in a typical small circumference which stifles my evolution. But I do not leave the cage. Out of compulsion or out of my inertia or out of fear I remain in the limiting cage and when the rain subsides and I come to consciousness, I find darkness everywhere. 

I was in a job which had little financial return and I wanted something better but I did not have better options at hand. Previously my decisions involved myself but now my decisions had implications on my newly formed family. So I feared taking any risk and I continued as before. And I felt in me the very characteristic attitude of the common man who adhered to a set pattern of a monotonous living. In whom the passion to excel dies out. I felt as if I was bent on my own weight. My high dreams were crushed. I was overpowered by an impulse to choose the easy way of compromise. I compromised with my dreams and attempted to shut the windows that once showed me rainbows in the open blue sky. I lived but without my spirits. I carried out the orders of my boss and satisfied myself with the little return he gave for my dispirited service. I slowly became a common man.

No comments:

Post a Comment