APN'S YouTube Channel

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

a growth in my absence

After a tiresome journey of 30 hours I reached at Baliapal. I washed my hands to take my son into my lap. But he was busy in sucking his mother’s milk. I could not disturb him. So I waited looking at him and his mother.

After a few minutes, curling and stretching the limbs in half sleepy state my son welcomed me. He looked little matured and smelt like antibiotic tablets. When I asked my wife why the baby smells so medicated, she told that the baby is taking multivitamin drops. I felt relaxed. At least the perceived effect has a cause known to us. I say it because it is often too difficult to determine the right causes of the various types of behavior patterns of the baby.

Today he lifted and moved his hands in all possible directions but as he had little control on his body parts, the movements of his hands and legs trembled like that of a person who is too old. I intently looked at the movement of the baby and the expression on his face. It seemed as if he had to struggle hard to adjust with the hostile environment.





No comments:

Post a Comment