APN'S YouTube Channel

Monday, February 14, 2011

V-Day musings.

On the day of love i.e. valentine’s day, when the world practises love, I closed the doors and windows of my room & played some beautiful songs.


In the depths of melody, I remembered my wife who was away from me and I remembered how she is single-handedly nurturing our one-month-old baby at her paternal home. I remembered the face & the very characteristic pose of my baby ,who suckled nourishment from her mother, while putting his hands in a prayerful pose.

For the first time when I had detected that pose of my baby while suckling milk, I had commented to my wife that the baby offered Namaskar (A Hindu way of expressing respect by joining the palms of both hands) to you out of gratitude. We both had laughed looking at the half-sleepy baby who suckled milk with his hands still in Namaskar pose.

Gratitude is the little sister of love. A feeling of gratitude can tremendously herald feelings of great-love.

No comments:

Post a Comment