APN'S YouTube Channel

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

CARING FOR OTHERS wherever you are.

Many people gathered at the local temple to attend a poets’ meet. Most of the fledgling poets thought that occasion as a platform to advertise themselves. Most of them were mentally occupied with their own poetic creations. Some were restlessly inducing others to read their works. Almost all of them pretended to listen to each other but inwardly each one of them was thinking of his own exposition of talents. 

The poets’ meet started and with recitation of around three dozens of mediocre poems the meet drew to a close. The meeting was followed by a feast. The priest of the temple had prepared the dinner for the poets and their invitees. I was one among the invitee. Everyone seemed to me cunning like foxes. During the eating time also the atmosphere was replete with boastful words, accolades, prizes, recognitions, etc. Everyone was talking tall talks but none touched my heart because I knew that all these talks of human sentiment, love and fine feelings were only skin deep and at the most only an outward show. The participants did not share true sincerity and intensity of feelings. I was sitting silently and sprang into action when the organizer announced the closure of the poets’ meeting and requested to have prasadam at that temple. I was first to finish my eatables. Without waiting for anyone, I went to the wash basin and washed my hands. Water was dripping from my hands so I searched for my handkerchief in my pockets. The pockets displayed some coins, a chocolate, and my wallet but no handkerchief. At the very moment the priest of the temple smilingly handed his towel which he had worn around his bare body and told me to wipe my hands. For a moment I was confused in what way to thank that person for his genuine concern towards me. I felt his concerned words a thousand times more poetic than all the poetic expressions made in that evening. Something happened in the level of feelings. I was touched by another human beings gentility and came home carrying that genuine human sentiment of CARING FOR OTHERS wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment