APN'S YouTube Channel

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Artist

He was travelling with me. He smiled at me and so did I. The train was moving ahead and the trees, houses, bridges were breathlessly running behind. I asked him, " what do you do for a living? " He replied me that he was a worshipper. I paused a while and asked him, "which god do you worship & what is your religion? ". He did not answer anything. He looked unto the river that flowed from some unseen distant hills. I did not ask him anything more. The train ran over the bridges producing huge rattling sounds. At the end of a long bridge when the sound and vibration became normal he told with a smile, "BEAUTY is my God and LOVE is my religion. " I requested him for his visiting card. He opened his grey-coloured handbag and gave me a card which was empty and white. I gave him a puzzled look and indicated him that the card did not bear his name. He told me that he did not have any name. I was surprised. He sensed my bewilderment & thought to put an end to my confusions. Like a stoic with eyes fixed on the distant sky he uttered, " I don't have name. I am an artist. I worship BEAUTY. My religion is LOVE and my God is LIFE. "

No comments:

Post a Comment