APN'S YouTube Channel

Saturday, October 3, 2009

A few moments being disconnected from the World

In the morning from my father's in law home I set out with my brother in law to the nearby internet cafe with a view to updating my blog. Leaving me at the cafe my brother in law went away ridding his bike to attend his appointments. As he had left his mobile at home,he carried my mobile with him. Simply giving an assurance that I will be picked from the cafe after one hour. But........At the net cafe
the electricity failed just when I switched on the computer. I wanted to contact my brother in law from the P.C.O but I had no coins. My wallet contained only a Thousand Rupee Note.And It was quite unbecoming to ask for change in the morning hours of the day. I waited and waited having nothing to do except emptily looking at the strangers, vehicles,and the passerby on the road.

Those minutes greatly annoyed me but I had to bear the pangs of a disconnected life.

At last I threw my self respect to the nearby pool and shamelessly asked a gentle man for his mobile to make a call to my brother in law so that he can pick me up. And the disconnection was turned to reconnection by the unreserved help of a man who I didn't know.

The interesting part of the experience comes when I dithered about to ask for the mobile from a stranger and at last hiding my shame with a sycophantic smile made the request for help although that place abounded with a dozen of P.C.Os.


The Soul's Light- Atmaprakash

No comments:

Post a Comment